Thursday, January 13, 2011

Quebec – Drummondville

 Small Cafe in Drummondville
 Map of Quebec

 show playing at Box Cabaret Theater

Unfortunately we had to leave Corner Brook but our next destination was also full of fun and adventure. We took a boat right on over to Quebec where we stayed in a city called Drummondville. We decided to stay at the Best Western to feel a little closer to home. Whatever we were doing tomorrow I know it would be good. My parents surprised me by taking us to Cabane a sucre Chez Ti-Pere in other words a maple sugar shack! Personally being able to make your own maple sugar and syrup was quite a fun experience, also getting to put my French to the test with the owner Cécile Boyce was one also a challenge. For dinner we went to Box Cabaret Theater to see a comedy act the theater can fit up to 2000 people and built in 1999. Although I couldn’t exactly understand the French comedian it sure was a great experience, and I would have a couple new French words up my sleeve when I got home. 

Facts
Quebec – Drummondville
Lat & long- 45°55'N72°25'W
Population- 67,392
Population density- 273.1/km2
Landforms- wetland, foggy, costal low land
Climate- summers hot winters cold average high around10.7°C average low around 1.8°C
Ecozone- Atlantic maritime
Closest national parks- La Mauricie national park  
Industries-Fondrière Blueberry industry
Tourism -Cabane a sucre Chez Ti-Pere maple sugar shack. Box Cabaret Theater
 

No comments:

Post a Comment